- Cookies are used to:
a) customize the Services; they enable the user to adjust settings and options in the Services;
b) customize the contents of the websites within the Services to match the user’s preferences, and optimize the use of the websites; in particular, cookies facilitate recognizing the user’s device, and to display the website in an appropriate manner, according to the user’s individual needs;
c) create statistics which provide insight into the way the Services users use the websites, which enables us to improve the websites’ structure and contents;
d) maintain the user’s session (after logging in), thanks to which the user is not required to provide the login and the password on each subpage. Cookies enable saving information about the way users use the Services. The information concerns the most frequently visited websites or any error messages that appear on some pages. Cookies used to save the session status help improve the services and comfort of using the websites.
e) provide the user’s with advertising contents adjusted to their interests.
- There are two basic types of cookies used by the Services: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files stored on the user’s device until they log out, leave the website, or close the browser. Persistent cookies are stored on the user’s device during the time specified in the cookie parameters, or until they are deleted by the user.
- The Services use the following types of cookies:
a) “essential” cookie files which enable using the services offered by the Services, e.g. authentication cookies used for the services which require authentication; they are absolutely necessary for the proper functioning of the site or the functionalities the user want to use.
b) cookie files used to ensure security, e.g. they enable authentication and optimization;
c) “performance” cookie files enabling collecting information about the way the Services websites are used;
d) “functional” cookie files enabling “remembering” some of the settings chosen by the user, and personalizing the user’s interface. Cookies are essential to the Services because:
- they enrich the Services functionality; without them, the Services will work properly, but it will not be adjusted to the user’s preferences,
- they ensure the high level of the Services functionality; without the settings saved in a cookie file, the level of the website functionality may decrease, but it should not prevent the user from using it completely.
- they are used for many important website functionalities, and blocking them may cause some functionalities not work properly.
e) “business” cookie files, enabling providing the user with advertising information adjusted to their interests.
- Cookie files saved on the user’s device can also be used by the advertisers and partners collaborating with the Services operator.
Do cookie files contain personal data?
Personal data stored using cookie files can be collected only to perform some particular functions for the user. This type of data is encrypted to prevent access to unauthorized persons.
How to disable cookies?
To obtain more information about disabling cookies, visit the following websites:
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Safari: http://www.apple.com/support/safari/